My favorite Movie + Favorite E-Commerce platform: Just having some fun with these, what would be your eight rules of Magento club?
- First rule of Magento Club is you do not touch core.
- Second rule you DO NOT touch core!
- Third rule when in doubt, flush/disable all caches and rebuild indexes.
- Fourth rule do not just copy/pasta entire design packages.
- Fifth rule keep your namespaces and rewrites clean, use observers if possible.
- Sixth rule always be attentive to performance-critical code, avoid useless computations inside loops.
- Seventh rule development will go on for as long as it has to, try to learn and understand the features of the framework, and use them correctly.
- Eighth rule if this your first time modifying Magento, you have to forget everything else.
More details from Magento Space Monkeys, brought to you by Project Magehem:
- Magento the right way
- Avoid app/code/local/Mage
- Magento Performance Optimization Tips
- Download Magento Club Wallpaper
Possibly Related Posts:
- Getting Started with Magento
- Magento vs X-Cart
- Magento version 2.0 (X.Commerce) and eBay
- Magento Supercharged Development Tools and Links